Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Family Time

This past weekend, James and I were so happy to have Grandma B, Mom, and Dad visit us.  The ladies had time to catch breakfast at Caribou, thrift sales, and antique shops.  Dad and James had some Caribou with some guys too {only when I say Caribou, I'm not talking about coffee for them...I'm talking about their special smoothies}!  The guys also slaved away on some things in the house, and even put in the A/C!!! That was the best gift, for the hot days we've been having.  Grandma surprised James and I with an early anniversary gift {I'll post this beauty soon}, and Mom & Dad gifted us a much needed item for cleaning up all the messes we love to make...a good ol' Shop Vac.  Thanks so, so much!

I don't think I cooked at all THE WHOLE WEEKEND!!!  Grandma made her special rice hot dish and coleslaw.  We laughed and had a good time, as always! I miss that time! But...I'm going to enjoy each time I'm given to spend with family. 
It's a gift! Thanks for a wonderful weekend.  We love you lots and lots! Can't wait to see you all again in August!

We hope your weekend was splendid, and sorry we missed each other yesterday. 
Sometimes, when you have a lovely, fun-filled weekend, you just enjoy some more down time!


No comments:

Post a Comment