Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What captivates you?

Do you remember the last time something completely captivated you? I read these words today, and really thought about that question and what my response would be. No matter what is interesting to you or me, almost all of us experience the excitement of something new and fresh. For me, this spring is captivating. The trees and the fresh grass; the countryside and flowers in all sorts of colors. Because it is a new spring, it is exciting. I also know that Psalm 111:2 speaks of someone experiencing this same thing. The Psalmist is amazed at the “great…works of the LORD”. These works aren’t just something average or normal, they bring amazement and awe. God's creation is captivating me, right now. I just never want God's creation and His Word to become normal and dull to me. No matter what, I never want the works of God to fade and be dull in my life. I'm going to look at the new spring, and beauty of nature, and have a wonder-filled heart. 
So, let me ask.....what is completely captivating you? Something to think about....
Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Psalm 111:2

No comments:

Post a Comment