Wednesday, January 2, 2013

one resolution.

 
So thankful for coming across this wonderful image, today.
 
I loved this reminder that I am a new creation in the One who has forgiven me and forgotten my mistakes. 
Scripture says, "He has cast them as far as the east is from the west." - Psalm 103:12 
The beginning of this new year is a wonderful time to reflect on where you have come from and ask God where He wants to bring you. 

There are many resolutions that people can make....like eating healthier, reading more books, simplifying.  Don't get me wrong! These are all terrific things to better ourselves.  I guess my outlook on life is that it doesn't have to be a new year to change, because every day is a new day...a new start.  Though you and I have dealt with hard times, pain, low days, guilt, fear, sin.....with a new day brings new mercy, new hope, and peace.  I love the verse in Lamentations that talks about how God's love is never failing. 
His mercies and love is new each day... - Lamentations 3:23 

No matter if it is the first day of January or the last day of December, know that one true resolution- one true decision -that is going to make the greatest impact on your life is to put your trust in the One who knows your days. I didn't make that resolution on the first day of the year, but that day for me was the beginning of a process.  A daily surrendering that has given me true happiness that no diet or book could ever do.  Life in a relationship with Christ consists of day to day changes that our eyes are opened to.  My resolution today is the same as it has been for some time...and that is to be a new creation in Christ...daily. 
Yesterday is gone and tomorrow may not come, but today let me be the best I can!

Have you found the right resolution for life? :)

Blessings to you today, as always!

Tiff

 

No comments:

Post a Comment